Welcome to the classroom!
Sewing Classes Spring & Summer 2018
Learn to sew the professional way in a fun, relaxed, judgement-free atmosphere! The Sutura Style Method of Sewing has been featured on television and in print media as a unique way of learning to sew. We offer classes and meet-ups for novices and experts alike. To see the full line up, visit our MeetUp page. Details about our novice program can be found below.
Novice Sewing Classes for Men and Women
4 Sessions. 90 minutes per session. Cost: $39
We will introduce the basics of threading the machine, understanding fabrics and creating our first project. Yay! Each week we will build on the lessons from the week before. You will have the chance to explore your creativity and learn new skills. This program is designed for those who do not know how to sew at all. While creating our first project, a simple toiletries bag, your teacher will help you to learn how to :
- Thread a sewing machine
- Wind a bobbin
- Cut a Project in Reference to the Grain Line
- Understand basic woven fabrics
- Sew and Finish a Seam
- Insert a Zipper
- Stitch a buttonhole using your machine
- Create a self lining
15 minutes: Set-Up your machine and get ready to sew
60 minutes: Demo, sharing and teaching
15 Class tidy up
About our Classes
Thank you so much for your interest in Sutura Style Classes, Courses, Lessons, Demos, Workshops and Community Programs. Here are some important details to ensure that everyone has a good time!
- Sign up for all our programs online at MeetUp.com
- We accept debit/credit cards and cash.
- There are no refunds once the program begins.
- Since skill levels vary we cannot guarantee that everyone will complete projects by the end of the program. Please understand that some homework may be necessary.
- Code of Conduct: We all learn at a different pace, have different body types and we each have our own ideas of what ‘beautiful’ is. We want everyone to have a great time learning to sew which is why we have a strict “no snark”, “judgement free” policy 🙂
- All participants are asked to arrive punctually.
- If you cannot make it to your program, please use MeetUp.com to let us know by clicking “Not Going”. This will create a space for someone else to attend.
What’s the Difference?
Sutura Style Lessons:
One on one programs with your instructor on any sewing, quilting, machine embroidery subject you wish to learn. These can include home sewing machine operational lessons for Elna, Necchi, Juki or Janome brands.
Sutura Style Classes:
Groups of four to sixteen participants proceed through fun, engaging programs that take your skills to the next level using simple projects. Classes are usually between one and two hours in length and two to four sessions in duration.
Sutura Style Sew Like a Pro Courses
Groups of four to twelve participants spend eighteen or more classroom hours learning fashion industry sewing methods that have been modified to your home sewing environment. Students are guided, step-by-step, through the process of completing a mini collection of clothing, machine embroidery or a major quilt project. All students must have completed the Novice/Beginner Sewing Program or possess equivalent skill before starting class
We define a workshop as a one or two day event where participants actively create one or more projects.
Putting our skills to use for the benefit of others is just the right thing to do. Monthly meetings, no charge 🙂
Offered free of charge on an ad-hoc basis. We do this all the time y’all!